Monday, November 29, 2010

NOW we have 3 kids

This afternoon I told Ezra "It's almost time for a nap" and he resounded promptly with a very loud, clear "NO" after which he threw the toy in his hand across the room and sat down on the ground and curled up into a little ball....

Oh, the fun begins again.


****
I will post pictures soon of Caleb's birthday and any decent Thanksgiving ones I can find (we had a great Thanksgiving, but the pics didn't turn out great). I tried posting a really fun video of Caleb singing Happy Birthday to himself... but after 4 hours and not even half-way done uploading the video, I gave up. Sorry to all the grandmas out there... the rest of you probably don't care. :)

In other big news, we found pomegranates at the store today!!!!!!! I'm telling you, grocery shopping is like a treasure hunt here. You never known what will be at the store. I bought one and we all split it tonight. Was definitely not the best pomegranate I have ever had, but it was pretty good, and the boys loved it. The trick with buying really fun, unusual stuf like that is that you don't know if you should buy lots because the chances are good you'll never see it again, or save your money as it won't be good to begin with... Last summer we found real American peaches... I bought two and they were to die for - really good - not just "because we live in a third world country" good. :) A few months after that I found some again (granted, not from America) and bought 5 and we threw every single one of them away - were so nasty and green inside you couldn't even cut them. So, we were content with our one pomegranate and know it might be another year and a half before we have another one!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I will continue to wait patiently....the first thing I do every morning is check to see what's been newly posted on your blog, Emily. I really do appreciate it! I'm looking forward to hearing all about Caleb's party and, you're right, I would love to see the video of him singing to himself (I think that boy has a career in music ahead of him!). What is the "rest of the story" with Ezra...did he curl up in a ball and refuse to take a nap? or...did he curl up in a ball and fall fast asleep???? Inquiring minds want to know! You know, I have thought of you all every time I've seen pomegranates in the store this year! No...they won't fit in Annie Pat's suitcase...or anywhere else, for that matter!:):):) Continue to enjoy those precious little boys of yours. Thank you for sharing them with us. Love ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete