Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Little taste of American summer

In the last four years, we, as a family, have consumed exactly 2 nectarines and one peach (which was nasty and out of season bought last time we were in America in the winter!) so I was beyond THRILLED when I found these at the grocery store in the big city yesterday (when we went to sign our 5 year visas!!!) Was a huge blessing from the Lord....


Aren't they beautiful? The little stickers say "America" on them. :) They smell amazing! I had forgotten how good a peach could be (and was so surprised that these were so good after travelling so far!) And they were actually pretty cheap... they were mislabeled at the store, and try as I might I couldn't get a straight answer out of the clerk... she was "oooohhhing" and "aaaaahhhhing" and trying to figure out what the weird fruit was that she had never seen before. :) So I gave up and got 8 of them. :)

Our boys had no idea what they were.... but they caught on quickly and LOVED them....


Ezra kept calling them "apples." Caleb kept trying to correct him saying "No, Ezra, peaches" to which Ezra would laugh and so "Noooooo pizzas." :) He spent all day talking about "apples" and walking up to the table to look at them.


As I was putting him in bed and about to walk out of the room, he stood up in his crib and yelled "NO EAT MY APPLES!!!"

So I guess the peaches were a hit. :)

2 comments:

  1. Emily ~ They look better than what we get here. I am so glad you all got such a treat. I am heading to Farmers' Market Saturday...just guess what I will be buying!!! Enjoy! Love ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love your pictures! I had papaya with lime from Whole Foods this morning and thought of you guys - I never knew papaya tasted so much better with lime. :) Congrats on getting your 5 year visas! Exciting news! Love you.

    ReplyDelete