Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Sparky

Elijah came home from Awana last night ecstatic. Maybe ecstatic is an understatement. He was on cloud 9.

He got his uniform. And patches.


I have no idea where they came up with YELLOW as the color of choice. :)

It was a good break from the horribleness of the first week of school. We're home schooling first grade and it has NOT started well. So Brant had taken Elijah to club to give he and I a break from each other. :) I wish I had been there to see him get his awards though. Today we "sewed" them on... but as I was breaking out the needle, I remembered my nifty iron-on tape and tried that instead - worked like a dream. You can see the finished product... he wore it all afternoon.


He got his rank patch and a little yellow patch that his book said was for "club attendance." I think they must have been out of red jewel patches as he's missed quite a few sessions this summer and definitely isn't up for perfect attender awards. :)

I've been working on an "end of summer" post with a million pictures (half of which got deleted somehow so I never finished the post in a moment of frustration.) We also took a fun little "vacation" last week that I was going to write about, but my free minutes have shrunk to nil with school starting. You can pray we can iron things out and get into a routine or it's going to be a VERY long year.

1 comment:

  1. Elijah, you look S-O-O-O-O proud. You should be. I am very proud of you!!! Maybe I will work in AWANA this year. What do you think??? I love you, Sweetheart ~ Grandma.

    ReplyDelete