Saturday, December 3, 2011

This and that

Life has been a blur since we got back from the tribe. We celebrated Thanksgiving (again!) with friends here in town; we celebrated Caleb's birthday (my brown-eyed boy is five!!!) and we're in full on Christmas mode... all the while trying to keep up with school for Elijah and get ready for furlough (4 months!). And did I mention Brant's work is crazy right now? He was gone til 8 the other night shopping in the big city.

But life has been fun and we're having a good time. Here are a few pics...

The boys on the back porch playing. Caleb is driving the "car" Ezra is the passenger and Elijah is "hanging onto the back like in the movies." I don't know what movies he's been watching lately! :) I seriously don't know where they come up with some of the stuff they do... the other day they were playing "House." I helped them build a fort and they said "Mom, we're going to play 'House.'" Brant was a tad concerned when I told him later that night... until I told him that while playing House they chased off the bad guys who came in, put out a fire when the house caught on fire and then dug out from underneath when the House collapsed in an earthquake. I need a daughter.


Ezra's into "I do it MYSELF." New territory. Guess the first two are lazy as I have never once heard them say that (even to this day!) So he's into dressing himself.... poor kid has stretched out a lot of pairs of PJs this way. 4 more months til we're in the land of dryers and I can shrink stuff back up! :)


I took this pic last night of the boys. It is by far the best pic I have ever gotten of all 4 of my men on the first shot! I love it.


We had such a nice cool summer, but lately it has been HOT. We have been eating tons of watermelon. So nice on a hot day. Not very Christmas-y though. :)


I cook a pumpkin about once a month to get enough pumpkin to make breads for breakfast. The little boys always pick out the pumpkin seeds and we roast them. I never do this kind of stuff in the States. I buy canned. :)


Us all in the heli on our way into the tribe.... I though the boys would freak wearing the head-sets but they did so well.


One last pic from the tribe... Ezra enjoying hot chocolate in long PJs. We really had fun enjoying the cooler weather!


My yogurt failed... I have been making yogurt for 3+ years and had lots of failures early on, but have kinda gotten the knack down. But last month I went to get it when the time was up and this is what I had... I have NEVER seen it do this, nor have any of my friends in town (who all make their own yogurt too!) Prize to anyone who can tell me what in the world happened to it???
(And yes, we did still use it - I mixed it up and used it to make muffins.)


The boys painting "Turkey" hand print cards. I do them every year to keep track of how big they are getting.


We found Ezra his own pair of sunglasses. He was SO excited.


Caleb and his little preschool class on my day to teach.... They were all little Indians for "I" day. (Caleb was too scared to get his face painted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment