Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Fun

So look how on the ball I am now... it's not even Valentine's in the States and I'm already blogging about our Valentine's day here. :):)

We had a really fun day. We set little Valentine's cards out this morning at the boys' spots with Kinder eggs that we found at the import store. I LOVE Kinder eggs and think it's stupid they're illegal in America. They're European... chocolate egg shell (kinda like an Easter egg) that you break open and has a small toy inside that you have to assemble yourself... kinda a puzzle. (Which is why they don't let them in the States - huge choking hazard I suppose). It was the boys' first Kinder eggs and they LOVED them. Was so much fun to see them so excited.

This evening we had some friends come over and we made heart shaped pizzas. The boys usually make their own little pizzas when I make pizza (which is often as I could eat pizza for every meal for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy) :) but their little friends had never made their own... they had a blast!




We finished the evening off with heart shaped cookie cake. Was such a fun night!

And yes, I get that it was totally not a romantic day in the slightest... but Brant and I are going out this weekend on a date. :) The seniors at the MK school always put on a big Valentine banquet every year - it's a fundraiser for their senior trip and a fun way for people in the community to have a nice spot for Valentine's. Just in the last year or two some decent restaurants have opened on our island, but the seniors' banquet is still the nicest meal you can get on island... and they decorate the school and set up little tables for two with candles and fancy linens so it is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I am so glad you make sure all of our boys enjoy the holidays they would be celebrating back here. Sure hope you and Brant have an especially good time this weekend. You desrve it! My love ~ MKG

    ReplyDelete