Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Things making me smile this morning

- Hanging clean laundry on the line outside in a cool morning. Very peaceful. Reminds how beautiful it is and makes me feel like a super productive pioneer woman.

- New silverware divider in my drawer. Have been searching for one for YEARS and yesterday found one (ONE!) on a random end cap at the big new store in the big town two hours from here. Every time I open my drawer I am surprised by how neat and orderly it looks.

- Freshly ground cinnamon and other spices sent in a package from a friend whose parents own a spice farm on a nearby island. Heavenly.

- Caleb's new toothless smile. Just as his first adult tooth grew in and closed the little gap in his mouth, his second tooth fell out. So cute.

- Signs at the mall yesterday for a movie theater being built! Civilization is slowly creeping into our corner of the world. Really fun to be think about being about to go to a movie someday.

- The boys' constant scheming this morning to trick and surprise me and Brant. Have found someone around every corner or doorway ready to jump and yell "Boo!" I overheard the latest plan being hatched to "put a trip line in the bathroom so when Daddy goes in to go on the potty he will fall and his head will land in the potty."

No comments:

Post a Comment