Friday, April 1, 2016

100s Day

100s Day has become a tradition in our house. It started the very first year we home schooled; I think I was feeling sorry for the boys that they never got to do any "fun" school activities, so my friend Rachel and I designated one day "the 100th day of school" and did a bunch of counting games and let the boys count out "100 snacks" and we all had a great time. And now, 6 years later, all my boys know how to count to 100, but we continue the tradition.... because there's something about eating 100 snacks that is just COOL. :) 

Choosing 100 "something" to build with.... 




Measuring out 100 square inches, feet, yards, meters.... helps to have an airstrip as a front yard. :) 

Being "given" $100 to spend on Amazon.... they could pick whatever they wanted as long as the total added up to $99-101. Was actually a really fun activity and gave them a good idea of toy prices in America these days. :)

And breaking with tradition this year.... we skipped the snacks and we did 100 PIECES OF DINNER..... Oh my goodness, it was SO much food and so fun. I cut those things as tiny as I could, but it still amounted to a TON of food - each boy had a cookie sheet full - but they ate every. single. bite. We did percentages to get some extra math in (40% meat and cheese, 30% veggies, 20% fruit, 10% dessert!)





No comments:

Post a Comment