Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today's beach trip



The highlights of the day....

- Seeing Caleb play in the waves and totally get pummeled but laugh and get right back up. It was the first time he was brave enough to really enjoy the water and not just stay on the sand.

- Eating watermelon and tortillas and homemade hummus for lunch. So yum!

- Watching Brant and Ezra take a nap in the hammock... they both REALLY needed the rest.

- Taking Elijah snorkeling for the first time.... was a BLAST! We went with two other little kids his age (and their moms) and it was all their first time.... they had little masks and floaties to keep them up... It was particularly cool for Elijah as we had just read (100 times!) The Magic School Bus Visits the Coral Reef this week. The kids were so excited to see "Dory" and "Nemo" and Elijah could identify different types of fish and coral... gotta love those Magic School Bus books. Elijah is already asking when we can go back to beach to go snorkeling again.

SO thankful for a really relaxing day with our friends. Brant has been running all week - easily pulling 12 hour days trying to get all his orders filled this month... the boys and I have barely seen him all week, so we needed a good day away as a family to rest and play.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All four of my boys look like they're having a great day. I am so happy for all of you. So many firsts! waves...snorkeling... relaxing nap! What more could you ask for? This is the life! Thank you for making sure they have some R&R and then sharing it with us, Mommy. I'll bet Gappy will be really excited to go snorkeling with you when she gets there. Do you think they have floaties in her size, Elijah? Will you show her how to play in the waves, Caleb? Ezra, will you help her take a nice nap like you did you daddy? My love to all of you ~ Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gappy here...
    I can't wait to snorkel, especially if Elijah can name the fish for me since I can never remember the names! I guess this means I get to bring a bathing suit! Think there will be room in my suitcase? Kathy already told me that she gets "at least one" to put all her stuff in....maybe I can put all my stuff in my carry-on. Can I get by with one change of clothes and my bathing suit? Sure hope so, cause I think that is all the space Grandma (and Nanny) will give me! Oh well, maybe I can make them pay for part of my ticket...since I know they are just wanting me to be the courier (just kidding). I will be happy to shlep all the stuff I can!! And, truly I think I can pack almost everything in a carry-on! Of course, the big backpack will help.
    I loved the pictures! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait until December!!

    ReplyDelete