Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

These last couple weeks have been mercifully quiet and normal. I've so enjoyed it - nothing to think about or deal with other than schooling the little boys and trying to get dinner on the table. :) The biggest excitement was that I celebrated my birthday - I guess I could post about it, but it would look exactly like last year's celebration - lunch at Pizza Hut with obscene amounts of ice cream and toppings following. :):)

But life is about to get exciting again....


My baby is about to be 7. Next week, in fact. So the preparations have begun in earnest for "THE BATMAN PARTY."

Elijah making invitations....


I am not quite sure why he decided on a Batman theme. Elijah has no idea who Batman is or what he does and I'm not in any particular hurry to clue him in. :) I think he heard somewhere that all 7 year old little boys are supposed to think Batman is cool. He got a Batman toy last year from a family from our church in San Diego and he saw a Batman cake at the grocery store in the big city. I think the cake is what did it. :) It was a COOL cake. :)

Anyways, today we stuffed goody bags. There are many, MANY drawbacks to trying to throw a COOL birthday party in a 3rd world country, but the goody bags are not one of them. :) Because people cannot afford much here, ALL snacks are packaged in individual servings - small amounts, small price = more sales. (It also ensures that the contents are eaten so they won't be spoiled by the humidity or bugs.) But it makes it so easy to buy stuff for goody bags and stuff is way cheap! So we went down the snack aisle at the grocery store and let Elijah pick out snacks for the bags. Then we had a fun mess trying to get all the bags filled this afternoon.


Notice the pack of tissues... all 3 boys are sick with nasty colds. :(


The finished product with the VERY excited little boy. :) Party pictures next week. :) Although maybe I will do a post on the PINATA making that we are going to attempt this weekend. :)

Caleb's birthday quickly follows Elijah's; which is backed up by Thanksgiving, Christmas, Ezra's birthday and then our return to America. I think the next few months are going to fly. (At least Caleb hopes so, as he's already asking when it's time to stuff goody bags for his party!)

1 comment: