Friday, May 10, 2013

Scenes from the last few weeks...

I feel like I have been in a blur lately and haven't blogged in forever. I went through my pictures tonight and realized I've taken about 50 pics in the last 3 months... and 15 of them were of "Flat Stanley" for Elijah's geography project with his friend back in the States. :) So I'm trying to play catch up on recording our life, mostly for memory's sake, but also to share a bit of what's been going on lately...

We took a trip with our teammates to a new-to-us beach. It was out around the cove, so we travelled by boat over open ocean for almost an hour. I was a nervous wreck, and so was Caleb... it did get pretty choppy at parts. But it was beautiful once we got there...


The boys exploring some rocks... finding a tsunami evacuation route for us. ;) Yes, I saw "The Impossible" and no, I shouldn't have. And yes, I have had lots of nightmares since and might have just been a tad nervous the whole time we were at the beach...


Brant's birthday was this last week... I wanted to make him an apple pie and a friend of mine promised to help with the crust. (No Pillsbury here!) But the price of apples has gone through the roof (over $5 a pound!) and you can't find anything that's not mushy or half-rotten.... so we went with the classic Key Lime Pie. I get my recipe off of The Pioneer Woman and it is so, so easy and fun to make. Elijah worked the blender and ground the cookies for the crust. Caleb grated the lime skins for the zest and Ezra worked the KitchenAid and juiced the limes. (I kid you not, he did great.) I added the sweetened condensed milk and eggs and that was it... way simple and yum.


Brant opening the cards and crafts the boys had made. Elijah spent his precious allowance money to buy Brant a box of Coco Puffs wrapped in Angry Bird wrapping paper. :)


Elijah has been really sick lately and hasn't been out of the house much... hence his hair is getting really, really long. (I guess that doesn't have to do just with his being sick - our laziness counts in some!) Anyways, he's been loving reading "Calvin and Hobbes" lately, so did his hair up a couple nights back like Calvin's.


One evening we had picnic dinner inside. Was so simple - we just threw all the food on the floor on a blanket instead of on the table and ate sitting on the floor. The boys LOVED it. They are so easily thrilled with the simple littlest things.... but I'll admit, it was kinda a fun change of pace to eat on the floor. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment