Thursday, January 27, 2011

My brown eyed boy

Tonight at dinner Caleb told us that in addition to wanting to be a "cooker" "when I grow up" he also wanted to be a "Monkey Forest Man" and get to feed the monkeys bananas EVERY DAY. He also told us that if any of us came to HIS monkey forest, he would "spank our bottoms!"

As it's only two more days til the big day around here, I thought I would FINALLY get to posting Caleb's b-day pics. It was just a real crazy time with Thanksgiving and coupled with doing his party 3 weeks before his birthday, I just couldn't get it together to post his pics... and then the camera that his party pics are on died and we can't get the dumb thing to turn on at all, so I think 4 year old birthday party pics are lost forever. :( Excuses, I know. Sorry.

I love our Caleb... his brown eyes sparkle whenever he's telling a joke or singing or being silly.... which is most of the time. He's growing into a little boy so fast. Just the past couple months I've seen how he's getting the hang of holding a pencil or crayon and can color or work in one of his "school books." He plays great with Elijah and loves to read books, but he also will spend hours playing Play Dough with Ezra at their little table. He still sucks his thumb and asks if I will rock him in the rocking chair whenever he is sad or scared. It melts my heart every time.

Caleb's definitely more sensitive and picky than the other boys... he gets heat rash horrible on his chest and neck, so only when he's outside do we let him wear a shirt. And he is SO bad about his shorts... he only likes to wear elastic waist soft knit type shorts... "they don't fall off" he always says. If I put him in any other type of shorts, like denim or khakis for church, he jumps up and down, runs around and moves until they slide down on his waist and starts crying "they're falling off!"

But we love him anyways... and it makes laundry lighter that he only wears the same 3 pairs of shorts (and no shirts!) all week long. :) So happy birthday (a bit late!) sweet Caleb!



These are a tad on the blurry side, but capture his "Caleb-ness" the best.


Opening presents is a group project at our house....


3 comments:

  1. Okay, boys...what on earth do you have on your heads??? Very cute! Thank you, Emily. He is absolutely adorable...as are all 3 of them! Happy, happy birthday little boy. It's so hard to believe you are four years old! I can say, I remember when you were born! You were quite the cutie pie even then. I love you, Sweetheart. ~ Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love your journaling about your sweet boy. Ellie is a cuddler, and I always know when she needs some cuddles, because she pops her thumb in her mouth and drags her blankie around the house looking like a lost puppy. So, I understand about the rocking request melting your heart, Em.

    ReplyDelete