Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's my job to support their dreams...

Today at lunch we were talking about what the boys want to be when they grow up. It's a constant topic of conversation at our house, usually heavily influenced by the latest book, movie or experience the boys have taken in. So today's conversation went something like this....

Me: "Caleb, I thought you wanted to be a cooker (a chef) when you grew up."

Caleb: "No, I changed it now."

Me: "So, what do you want to do now?"

Caleb: "I want to be a Phillistine so I can have a sword and a shield and so I CAN FIGHT GOLIATH!!!!"

Brant (trying not to cry he is laughing so hard): "Caleb, remember that the Philistines were on Goliath's side; they didn't want to fight him."

Calbe: "Oh." Pause.... "Wait, I just remembered Goliath already died, didn't he?"

1 comment: