Sunday, May 8, 2011

Things I've learned as a mother to 3 boys

1. I am my child's savior.... not being blasphemous at all. But when the balloon pops, the popsicle melts, the Lego man's head washes down the shower drain (long story!) it is my job to fix it and wipe away tears (and fish the head out of the drain!). I love the satisfaction of being able to fix what's right in my little boys' small worlds. I love that they come to me to fasten their capes, tie their shoes, and push them on the swing.

2. Little boy finger nails grow SO fast. It seems like all I do is cut little boy nails. Could second that with their hair... it seems like they need a hair cut every other week!

3. I am easily hurt by others' comments about my children. I am very defensive of my children and don't like it one bit when someone makes a comment that my boys are not quite up to par in some area... this includes how other children treat my kiddos... there has been more than one 5 year old I have wanted to punch when he snubs my precious baby (but I have refrained!!!).

4. I love to hear my children laugh.

5. I am a mother to little boys... hence they catch bugs, pick up lizards and have huge collections of rocks, sticks, leaves all over the house. I hate bugs, detest lizards, and have no use for rocks, sticks or leaves. :)

6. Some children's books drive me crazy. Some make me cry. Some I could read (like my boys!) over and over and over again.

7. Some children's movies drive me crazy. Some make me cry. Some I could watch over and over again. :)

8. I never knew that potty training included teaching them how to wipe, and that before they mastered the concept it was my job to do it.

9. I am not as patient of a person as I thought I was before I had children.

10. I love to teach my boys new things and watch them discover the world. I love teaching them how big God is; how to read; how to roll pill bugs into little balls and how to make "shy lady" leaves close up when you touch them.

11. I consider a rocking chair an essential piece of household furniture.

12. I love getting handfuls of "flowers" that clumsy little fingers have picked, mashed into their pockets and then produced with a big smile and a "Look, Mom, I picked this for you! Put it in water FAST before it dies."

13. In the boys' eyes, I am an expert in everything - except rockets, monster trucks, and guns. Then they ask Dad.

1 comment:

  1. Emily ~ I LOVE this! I just read it to Amber and Randy. Amber said she finds it very interesting that you are more of a girly girl and have 3 boys and she is more of a tomboy and has 2 girls. Wonder what the Lord is trying to teach you two!!! I sure hope you get to bring your little boys up here when you are on furlough. They would LOVE it! You might not! :) Love ~ Grandma

    ReplyDelete