Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday

The boys are at the age where they are always asking "What day is it?" followed by "What do we do on ________?" Our lives are pretty scheduled out, so I thought it would be fun to go through each day of the week and chronicle our lives at this stage. It means I will *try* to post every day this week. :) We'll see.....

Monday's are my busy day out. The boys go to language class in the morning at the MK school here in town. The lower elementary language teacher works with them and their friend. They love it and have learned quite a bit. Here they are learning clothing terms....



Then we hit the grocery store - me dragging all 3 boys. It involves lots of stares and cheek pinching (people can't resist how white Ezra's skin is, and the chubby just adds to it.) It's a tad stressful for them, but they do a good job and we usually get a treat if we all survive. :) I order all of my meat for a month's worth of meals at the beginning of the month, and usually get a lot of my fresh stuff from our veggie guy who comes every morning, so grocery shopping is usually dry goods and lunch stuff and import fresh stuff like apples, oranges and bell peppers. I've said it before, but grocery shopping here is a like treasure hunting - you never know what you will or won't find. The past few weeks there hasn't been any oatmeal (bad - I need it to make granola) or toilet paper (REALLY bad). On a good week, I find about 75% of what is on my list, so I have to plan "If I can find it..." type of meals and have back up plans. :) And I usually stock up when I find something... but we are down to the emergency stock of toilet paper, so praying some more comes in soon!

We usually get home about noon, which means quick lunch and then I have to soak all my veggies and fruits.... I use some type of purple iodine solution that is available here. It's about a two hour process to get everything cleaned and prepped for the week, so I do that while the boys nap/rest.

Brant usually gets home between 4:30 and 5 and Monday's are one of the few quiet evenings at home, so we try to enjoy them together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment