Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday

Tuesday is my stay at home and pick up the house from the craziness of the weekend and Monday. :) I usually don't leave the house all day - like today, I didn't even walk outside the door. So nice!!!

I try to do some kind of craft/project/etc with the boys on Tuesdays. Today was cooking all the pumpkins I got from a friend and freezing all the puree for future use. The boys love roasted pumpkin seeds, and they do a pretty good job at picking all the seeds out of the pulp. We got a ton of seeds this time, which was good, as last time I forgot about them and burned them and we didn't get any. :(

I also try to get in some good school time with Elijah; which means the little boys sit and color. Ezra loves to color. He'll ask me "I draw Mom?"


Caleb also has started going to Cubbies on Tuesdays (was Thursday til the semester changed - which here is in February). He didn't go today as he's sick. (Malaria) :(:( But this is a pic from a couple weeks ago. He LOVES Cubbies. We just do it with one other family here in town who has a little boy Caleb's age, so it's only the two little boys, but he just loves it. My friend who leads it really wanted Caleb to participate (so her son would have a fellow Cubbie), but I told her I couldn't handle one more thing on my plate, so she teaches all the classes and does games and crafts at her house and I provide "snack" - which is very important when you are 4. :)


Our final Tuesday event is that Brant has started tutoring one of the little local boys. His mom is a friend of mine and she has been really worried about his test scores, so Brant tutors him on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. It's been one of those experiences that makes Brant want to bang his head against a wall. :) Teaching methods here are SO different than they are in America and kids are taught never to question their teacher... it brings shame on the teacher if a student says he doesn't understand or asks a question regarding a lesson. So when Brant asks "Do you understand.... (he's working on fractions now) the kid always says "Yes, yes" and when we talk to his mom she always says "Oh he understands everything" even though the poor kid couldn't tell the different between a half and a fourth if his life depended on it. So you can pray for Brant on Tuesdays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment